Where to put a central heating boiler

Postby jennys » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:18 am

I am want to install a complete central heating system as part of the refurbishment of a 2 bed bungalow but am finding it difficult to identify a good place to locate the boiler as the kitchen is very small. Is it permissible to put it into a larder cupboard, (which also contains the meters and electric consumer unit) or alternatively, adjacent to the window. There must be some regulations regarding this but I cannot find them?I believe that a neighbour sited the boiler in the loft space but that doesn't seem like a good idea from the sevicing/maintenance angle. Also, rather than take up the floorboards to put in the pipework, is there a product available to box in surface run pipework, which is widely available and cheap/easy to install?
jennys
Progress to next rank:
75%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby Steve the gas » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:45 am

Hi Jennys,

The boiler could go in the larder as long there is sufficient space for servicing.
Also the normal distance from the flue to windows is 300mm but check MIs

Hth
Steve the gas
Progress to next rank:
56%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!