Which Boiler ?
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Keith 101
Apprentice
Apprentice

Which Boiler ?

by Keith 101 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:52 am

I have a back boiler fitted supplying 8 radiaters in the house i am modernising the house to let out and intend to change to a combi boiler, any ideas which make/model of boiler i should go for or avoid and what about pipework what size copper/plastic.
any comments would be appreciated.

Keith

ridthekid
Labourer
Labourer

replacing the back boiler

by ridthekid » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:57 pm

Hi Any good quality boiler will do the job. However, make sure you do get one that provides enough hot water. this will depend on if you are running a shower. If you are I would go for a ferroli or worcester.
Another thing. the person fitting you boiler will be best to advise. The back boiler will have to come out along with the tanks. The boiler also needs to be a high effiency condensing boiler and the installation has to comply with minimum regulations and registered with building control who will need proof it was installed by a competant person. ie CORGI registered and holds suitable ACS qualification to work on this appliance. if you fit it yourself you will lose any warranty and not be able to sell your house due to the SIP rule and the installation being illegal.

Keith 101
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Keith 101 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:48 am

Hi

Thanks for that reply, yes i do intend intend supplying a shower from the boiler, forgot to mention that in my original message.

Keith

ridthekid
Labourer
Labourer

by ridthekid » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:42 pm

Hi

You will need @least 12ltrs per minute. The more the better. Too low and you will have problems if someone else draws water from another tap.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:38 am