Which Cookware Set in the Best Stainless Steel or Iron?

Postby DeweyPerkins » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:24 pm

Hello!

I'm planning to get a new set of cookware as a token for my friend. I'm torn between stainless steel or iron cookware. Anybody here could give me suggestion?

Thank you.
DeweyPerkins
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:18 am

Stainless steel is not magnetic, so often they will not work with induction hobs, you should shop with a magnet, if a magnet will not stick to base reject it. We have a lovely stainless steel pressure cooker sitting in garage as will not work with our induction hob.

Actually replaced with a stand alone pressure cooker, It has far more options than one which works on main cooker, with timers and sensors built in.

I know many do not have an induction hob yet, but they are now the best type, although touch controls are useless and many are spoilt because manufacturers have included touch controls. However they are faster than gas, safer than gas, as controllable as gas as long as not fitted with touch controls, and they heat food not kitchen, so use less power and more user friendly. Plus extra features like auto boil then simmer and auto safety shut down. So likely in the future most house holds will move over to induction, so you don't want to have to put cookware in the bin, so make sure it has magnetic base.
ericmark

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!