which paddle mixer?
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

which paddle mixer?

by chris_on_tour2002 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:10 am

hi folks,

just wanted to know if any of the pros on here could advise on how much i should spend on a mechanical paddle mixer for plaster?

i'm fed up of using my drill, i have a large plastering undertaking coming up (the kitchen) and have managed to persuade the missus into letting spend some money on the right tool!

as with all power tools, there is an astonishing array out there and prices vary considerably. i always go by the principle that one spends as much as one can afford on tools but at the moment i don't have much to spend! (kitchen is costing a fortune, wife has expensive taste)

so i'd probably be looking for something mid-range, not cheapest but no makita either. problem is i am unfamiliar with many of the brand names for the mid ranges, can anyone recommend a machine? at the moment i am looking at a belle, i know they make good cement mixers so figure they must make decent paddle mixers... though if poss i'd like to spend a little less.

also looked at the bucket mixers, very good tools by the look of it but i'd prefer something a little more portable as i will be using it for occasional use at work as well.

any suggestions much appreciated!

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:23 pm

Thought about hiring one if its only for one job?

Cheers

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:10 pm

finally settled on a 1600W belle promix. a great machine and got a great deal, ex-display i managed to get it for £135 instead of the £217 that it normally retails for.

i do small plastering jobs for customers and seem to be doing more and more of it. always managed to muddle through on small jobs with a drill mixer but think that the time is right (i.e. can justify cost to the wife!) to invest.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 pm