Which plasterboard
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
TomA
Apprentice
Apprentice

Which plasterboard

by TomA » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:31 pm

Can anyone recommend an insulated taper edge plasterboard for use in a basement conversion? Also would it be necessary to use any additional insulation besides the board?

Cheers

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:17 pm

Have look on british gypsum website will probally help with your choice of board.
KB

ricky68
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: Which plasterboard

by ricky68 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:09 am

[quote="TomA"]Can anyone recommend an insulated taper edge plasterboard for use in a basement conversion? Also would it be
necessary to use any additional insulation besides the boarheers[/quote] call BG tec department tell them what you have,they will tell you what you need and email you all the info you need

Enda
Labourer
Labourer

by Enda » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:29 pm

Hello there - I have a few questions;

1. I had a friend help me with a studded partition wall in my garage & that worked out great. He built the studded wall using 1.5 * 2.5 in lengths of timber and I finished it off using Kingspan sheets between the studs and standard plasterboard on top. What I wasn't sure was if the gap between the Kingspan and the second plasterboard sheets should have been filled with additional wool insulation or if that gap/vacuum is required?.

2. I had a lot of materials left over as I'd considered insulating the full internal outside wall of my garage so I can use as workshop/office area. I have Kingspan and the 1.5 * 2.5 lengths left over and was advised I could lay the timbers on their sides so I have a 1.5 in deep frame (instead of the 2.5in and lose too much area) on the wall. As the Kingspan is 2in then it would be deeper than the frame so I was told I could cut the sheets with a saw down the middle and use as two thiner sheets?. I just want to know if this is OK to do and if I should put the silver coated side against the plaster wall or leave it facing outwards (I'm assuming it should go in against the plaster wall as it's flat and smooth unlike my saw cutting?)?. Again I'll be left with a gap between the insulation and the plasterboard and again I'm wondering if this is OK?.

Ready to go once I know!. Enda.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:10 pm

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:35 am