whirlpool washer"clean pump"
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bobanreg
Labourer
Labourer

whirlpool washer"clean pump"

by bobanreg » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:49 pm

HI
Our whirlpool washer keeps stopping mid cycle and displays "clean pump"
Having emptied the water via the trap at the bottom, there has never been anything in it to cause a blockage. It will then work fine for a few washes and then stops again.
I have looked underneath and removed drainage pipes, cleaned and replaced.Nothing looks wrong.The pump motor did feel a little warm, dont know if this is normal. The drain pipe from the drum has a "ping-pong"type ball in it that seemed to be stuck holding the water in-wondered if anyone can explain how this works.
Appreciate any advice on what can be wrong.
Do you thing it is worth fitting a new pump?
Many thanks

labs
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: whirlpool washer"clean pump"

by labs » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:23 pm

[quote="bobanreg"]HI
Our whirlpool washer keeps stopping mid cycle and displays "clean pump"
Having emptied the water via the trap at the bottom, there has never been anything in it to cause a blockage. It will then work fine for a few washes and then stops again.
I have looked underneath and removed drainage pipes, cleaned and replaced.Nothing looks wrong.The pump motor did feel a little warm, dont know if this is normal. The drain pipe from the drum has a "ping-pong"type ball in it that seemed to be stuck holding the water in-wondered if anyone can explain how this works.
Appreciate any advice on what can be wrong.
Do you thing it is worth fitting a new pump?
Many thanks[/quote
I also have a whirpool same up same display "Clean pump".
Mine was under warranty,so i called the engineer out.
He took the pipe off the pump and found a small button in side .
This jammed the butterfly(In the pump going round).
Its worth a try to have a look
All the best[/list]

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:50 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:13 am