White Satinwood Paint
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
toplondonchef
Ganger
Ganger

White Satinwood Paint

by toplondonchef » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:04 pm

Hi and a happy new year to all...........

I'm just starting decorating the inside of my house and have loads of woodwork to paint, after carefull preparation of course !

Have decided to use a white satinwood paint but was wondering wether to go for Dulux or Leyland brands

Not really considering the cost differance but would like to know from experiance what is best / prefered in terms of overall quality, application and finish

I know that all oil based white paints will yellow in time but again, which brand will give the longest life before yellowing and redecorating is required

Would like to know your views so I can make an informed decision before purchase

Many thanks

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:02 pm

you've already made the best choice by deciding to use top quality materials.

personally i'm a big fan of dulux, i only ever use their dulux trade range - more expensive but well worth it.

others on this site i'm sure will state a preference for leyland. truth is they are both good, the key as you've already established is in good preparation.

good prep work and good quality materials and you can't really go wrong.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:21 pm