I've had a bit of a nightmare! To cut a long story short my bedroom absolutely stinks of white spirit due to a massive spillage on the carpet. I really need this smell to go by this evening - flatmate needs to sleep in there.
I've had the windows open for almost two days but I'm worried that it's too cold for the solvent to evaporate? I'm also wondering if the smell has got into everything in the room - is it worth me cleaning the walls? I also have a steam cleaner - should I go over the carpets with this?
I've tried burning candles and a bowl of charcoal but to no avail!
Thank you so much for any advice you have!