Why are some cold
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nondiy
Labourer
Labourer

Why are some cold

by nondiy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:37 pm

I have 4 hot radiators but 3 cold radiators, 2 are upstairs and 1 downstairs, 1 is in the same room as the hot water tank, 1 directly below it, and the other in the room next to it.I bled them all and whilst I was bleeding them they each got hot in turn but within a short period of time they all went cold again. The 4 that work ok might all be on the same part of the system as 2 are upstairs almost directly above the 2 working ones downstairs which are back to back either side of a wall.The hot water is definately flowing into the radiators when the bleed valve is open but not when the bleed valve is shut, the outlet valves on all the radiators are all un-done.

coaster
Apprentice
Apprentice

by coaster » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:52 pm

you just need to balanc the system very easy no tools required

open up all the left hand radiator valves and close all the right hand ones put the heating on full now open each right hand radiator valve quarter of a turn no more the ones that get hot do not touch the ones that are still cold open another quarter turn untill all are hot and then leave them alone you could also check your pump is on 2

tshirtsuntan
Labourer
Labourer

cold radiator

by tshirtsuntan » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:03 pm

hello

ive drained my central heating out to put a system cleaner through it the cleaner had to stay in the system for 21 days-no problem.now ive just drained it down again put some inhibitor in the system and filled system back up with water fired up the boiler and waited for rads to heat up this happened apart from the second bedroom rad is stone cold and the rest are warm the pipe leading to the cold rad is hot ive opened the valve fully in both directions and have bled all the rads to ge rid of air.any thoughts would be appreciated.

coaster
Apprentice
Apprentice

by coaster » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:31 pm

hi there

im am not saying i know all but i am 100% sure the system just needs balancing if you dont know how to do this reply to this topic and i will walk you through it

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1