Wife has broken the shower
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
korka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Wife has broken the shower

by korka » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:00 am

Hi, I recently put a new bathroom in my house, whilst doing this I moved the isolating switch from next to the bath!!! into the airing cupboard outside the bathroom. When I done this i replaced the switch with a new one. I installed an 8.5kw shower and I have 10mm cable coming straight from the rcd in the consumer unit to the isolator and then to the shower. Everything was working fine until my wife went to turn the pull cord on and must have pulled too hard in a paddy and yanked it from the ceiling, resulting in the shower not working and no light on the isolator. I isolated it at the consumer unit and checked all the wiring by taking them all out individually and putting them back ensuring they were all tight and still I have nothing. I have looked above in the loft and all seems fine, I cant see anything it could have snagged on or anything like that. I have left it isolated in the mean time until I get it sorted. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is happening???

Thanks Dan

TOPSPARK
Ganger
Ganger

WIFE BROKE SHOWER

by TOPSPARK » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:26 pm

There is a possibility your wife has broken the pull cord workings in the pull cord itself. best thing to do is buy a new pullcord.This should solve the problem.
all the best
TOPSPARK

korka
Apprentice
Apprentice

by korka » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:33 am

Thank you, I have replaced the pull cord and it all works fine now

Thanks

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:16 pm