wire and pipe detector
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
drhelenkennedy
Labourer
Labourer

wire and pipe detector

Post by drhelenkennedy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:08 pm

Hi,
I have a rapitest wire pipe and power detector. Basically I don't know how to use it and have lost the instructions! It has a mode 1 or two and a wheel to presumably set the sensitivity. I would really like to know what I'm doing before I get my drill out as I have to drill pretty near some electrical sockets
Thanks for your help!!

ericmark

Post by ericmark » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:32 pm

I have one and can never remember which is which but easy to try between 1 and 2. One of then looks for voltage the other metal so test on wall above switch and on bit of metal. Electric one unaffected by metal and you want to prove device anyway, before using, and after using, to insure nothing has failed like battery become disconnected. Wheel does as you expected set the sensitivity. You are interested on where it finds cable rather then where it does not. So find cable then don't drill there don't assume no cable found so OK to drill. Always drill lightly in plaster don't push until you get to brick.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:31 pm