Wiring in tv and phone face plates for SKY+?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
worm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Wiring in tv and phone face plates for SKY+?

by worm » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:30 pm

Does anyone have any idea of who this is done, possibly if you already have sky+? I want mulitroom therefore I need a plate in the main room (lounge) and in each subsequent room (bedroom) I want to watch SKY+ and be able to change channel.

I thinking of getting this set up

No external links allowed

with these face plates:

304115 Triplexed DDU Decombiner output plate TV+Radio+Sat+Sat+Return (main room)

and the Labgear PSW132 (or equivalent) Triplexed Decombiner output plate TV+Radio+Satellite (Bedroom)

Does anyone know how these are wired?

Also a phone point is needed in each room SKY is in, can this be wired in on the same plate as SAT or seperate, and is it as simple as running an cable from the existing phone point? As I woul dprefer a plate in a new place while im doing it.

Any help would be great!

ericmark

by ericmark » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:47 am

There is a special unit that fits in loft and special sockets with filters that fit in main room the sky and std TV fit into special booster then are combined and sent down to special wall plate together with return then that goes back to special unit in loft and from there to all bed rooms different versions have more or less outputs. I did consider but at £60 + £8 for special units I got free to air box for upstairs instead at £40 was a lot cheaper and I already had a four way LMB but found after Ch5 and More4 are not free to air they are only free to view and you still need a card but national health channels are not on Sky but are on free to air so lose some gain some.

All best Eric

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:37 am