Wiring problem. Help!!
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
algor
Labourer
Labourer

Wiring problem. Help!!

by algor » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:33 pm

I have just changed a new light fitting in my en-suite bathroom this morning. The light is working fine but the bedroom light and landing lights don't work now. However, the lights in the other three bedrooms all work.

I've checked the wirings and they look correct to me. Can anyone help?

Thanks

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:21 pm

See the electrical projects on the website.

algor
Labourer
Labourer

by algor » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:42 pm

I've read the lights and switches page. When I first opened the ceiling rose
there were four black wires (2 + 2) in the Neutral terminal, five red wires (1 + 2 + 2) in the Live terminal and 1 black (with a red sleeve) in the switch terminal.

Could I have messed up the black wires in the Neutral terminal, or the red wires in the Live terminal?

algor
Labourer
Labourer

by algor » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:43 pm

I've read the lights and switches page. When I first opened the ceiling rose
there were four black wires (2 + 2) in the Neutral terminal, five red wires (1 + 2 + 2) in the Live terminal and 1 black (with a red sleeve) in the switch terminal.

Could I have messed up the black wires in the Neutral terminal, or the red wires in the Live terminal?

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:29 pm

Hi the wiring as you describe it was right, so as long as you still have the sleeved blk in live term of fitting the only other thing could be one of the lives [or neutrals] not connected to the others. You should now have 5 reds together, 4 blks together, plus sleeved blk sw. line on its own in fitting.
Obviously your ensuite is in line after the other 3 beds but before your bedroom & landing light.
Having 2 more cables than normal in there will make it difficult to connect,
so check all are properly in terms. usually only 3 twin & earths at a fitting, good luck SPARX

algor
Labourer
Labourer

by algor » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:58 am

Thanks sparx.

In a ceiling rose, there are three holes in the Neutral terminal block and three holes in the Live terminal block. Can the four black wires can go into any holes in the Neutral block, and in any 2+2 combination?

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:58 pm