Wiring Question
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
swissg
Labourer
Labourer

Wiring Question

Post by swissg » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:01 pm

I know people on here don't like answering questions regarding home security systems, but if anyone could help with my little problem i'd be grateful.
I have just installed a new system in my home...i have used four circuits of the eight available for door and room sensors etc.
The system will not set as the last four zones have nothing connected to them. Do i need to put jumpers in these to close the circuit or is this some thing i do with the LED key pad.

Thanks in advance

Swissg

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Wiring Question

Post by BLAKEY1963 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:02 am

[quote="swissg"]I know people on here don't like answering questions regarding home security systems, but if anyone could help with my little problem i'd be grateful.
I have just installed a new system in my home...i have used four circuits of the eight available for door and room sensors etc.
The system will not set as the last four zones have nothing connected to them. Do i need to put jumpers in these to close the circuit or is this some thing i do with the LED key pad.

Thanks in advance

Swissg[/quote]

SWISSG
Alarms can be a complex set up. u need 2 study the instuctions 4 the model u r working with. any installer guidance notes r clearly printed
normaly , where to link , ect . at the end of the info is nearly always a telephone helpline . try that.

BLAKEY1963

singer
Ganger
Ganger

Post by singer » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:51 pm

Quote make & model of alarm panel & we might be able to help further!!

swissg
Labourer
Labourer

Post by swissg » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:22 pm

Thanks for your replies, i have now sorted the issue. Fully working and loud.

Swissg

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:15 pm

Hi either can be done, the instruction should tell you how to programme out unused zones but if power lost for a long time the panel may reset & put you back where you are now.
I find it easier/more reliable to jumper out unused zones as you suggest.
regards SPARX

securespark
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by securespark » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:56 pm

Some panels no longer use jumpers to wire-out unused zones, they have to be programmed in or out via the RKP.

securespark
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by securespark » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:00 pm

As for the memory, all modern panels have NVM's (Non-Volatile Memory) which does not lose settings.

Some early kit reset to factory settings when both mains & SLA battery are disconnected.

If you need to reset to FC with an NVM panel you need to either know the engineer code or power down, put a temporary link on the pcb and power back up again.

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:28 pm