wiring two way fittings
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
si24
Labourer
Labourer

wiring two way fittings

by si24 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:05 pm

i have run new cables to the downlights in my living room, kitchen and extension for lights, i have looped them in and out to the last light.
These are all two ways, i have run a twin brown to one switch and a three core between switches, these are in new colours and are all l/v.
how do i wire them at switches and at first jb at lights, thanks.
I am under the impression upon reading that all reds go together and that the three core can go in the switch in any terminal
please help as cant get hold of my electrician

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:08 pm

Its not safe to guess whether you have wired everything up correctly so far and therefore even more unsafe to tell you where to put which wires. Please wait for your electrician or call another one.

si24
Labourer
Labourer

by si24 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:51 pm

i have not connected anything to mains and wont do
i have run the cables to the first light
a twin brown to one switch and a three core between that switch and the other one

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:48 pm

Hi, bearing in mind DOC's caution, the two ways go like this;
at sw. with only 3 core; sleeve Grey/ Blk with Brn sleeving, put original Bn. in Com, term. other 2 in L1+L2 either way.
at sw. with twin Bn (nice to see it being used btw), put 3 core Bn in Com.on its own, put in L1 one of twin BN + one of 3 cores sleeved cores, in L2 put other 2 cores left, ie one of twin BN + other sleeved cond. of 3 core.
At JB your electrician will connect BN live in, Bn live out to next light & one of sw BN core together in spare term as you say. He will put BLUE Neutral in + Blu N out to Blu neutral of fitting.
The returning Bn from sw. he will put in with Bn Live term of fitting with its Bn.
this is purely for infomation of course,
regards SPARX

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:58 am