Wood Burner Installation
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
teamhc
Labourer
Labourer

Wood Burner Installation

by teamhc » Thu May 13, 2010 4:28 pm

Hi

My partner and I are currently renovating an outbuilding and we want to install a wood burner that we have.

There is no chimney in the building. The following is a crude explanantion of what my partner is palnning to do and my terminology will probably be wrong :wink:

He said he will knock a hole through the wall, outside will be the chimney for the woodburner (one of those long steel tube ones) which will connect to the flue to connect to the woodburner.....

Does this make sense? I don't want him to get carried away....!

He did call a local plumber who told us we needed someone with some sort of qualification to install it, however, I get the feeling he might have thought we would require it hooking up to the gas supply for some reason, never mind.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun May 16, 2010 10:40 pm

teamhc,
If the installation is in a detached outbuilding which will not be living space your proposal is OK. If the outbuilding will form part of your living space you need to involve you local BC department or use a registered Hetas installer.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1