Wood burning stove
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Lostwithielcottage
Labourer
Labourer

Wood burning stove

by Lostwithielcottage » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:50 pm

Hi, I am looking to fit a wood burning / solid fuel stove in our cottages newly reopened fire place. The cottage is over 200 years old and the chimely isn't lined. We hope to use the stove asa way of drying out the room as it still fairly damp due to a soil build up outside, which I've now cleared.

The chimney stack has been removed but the chimney breast is still clear and finishes just a few feet below the slate roof line.

Ideally I'd love to get the stack rebuilt and the whole chimey relined but unfortuneatly I cant finance that for a few years yet.

Are the flexiable metal liners ok?
How would I take the flu through the roof?
Any info on the subject greatly appreciated

Thanks Andy

The Heating Doctor
Foreman
Foreman

by The Heating Doctor » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:36 pm

Any liner you used must be rated for wood burning. The other method is a twin wall stainless steel flue system suitable for wood burning. I do hope you realise it's not a case of chopping down a tree & throwing it on stove. Any wood put in a stove must have been seasoned for a minimum of 1 year but preferably 2 before burning it or you will have real problems.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1