woodchip and patchy skim
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cstainton
Labourer
Labourer

woodchip and patchy skim

by cstainton » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:31 pm

Hello to all - I'm new here and I wondered if someone could pass on some advice. I've started the dreaded job of removing painted over woodchip paper (everywhere, walls & ceiling) and I'm finding that the plaster skim on the walls underneath is bubbled or very thin and is coming off in patches. The paper itself is pretty firmly bonded. It's highly likely that when I've removed the paper, however carefully, large areas are going to need to be skimmed again. Given the messiness of the underlying wall with different ages of plastering and different quality of plastering, am I proposing too drastic a solution if I just get someone in to pull off the paper and skim in one go and have it all replastered ?

Cheers for any comments you can add.

cstainton
Labourer
Labourer

replying to my own post

by cstainton » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:59 am

Well I went ahead and pulled the rest of the paper off, the first place I started was actually the worst and created some pessimism. The plaster underneath is still pretty bad but not so bad as to make me wish I'd just chipped the lot off, paper and all.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:23 pm