Worcester 24CDI Hot water problem with Banging and Wooshing Sound
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DanSpeed1
Labourer
Labourer

Worcester 24CDI Hot water problem with Banging and Wooshing Sound

by DanSpeed1 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:36 pm

Hi there
I'm a new member with a problem with my Worcester 24CDI Boiler

Today when I went to run a bath the boiler started to make a banging and wooshing noise.
The boiler then stopped heating the hot water.
I removed the front panel to view the gas burner inspection window.
Basically when the hot water is in demand the boiler fires up no problem then after the time it takes to half fill a bathroom basin the boiler starts to make a few banging noises and then a loud wooshing sound (at which point the gas burner goes from blue to yellow and then the burner cuts out.
If I continue to run the tap the boiler eventually sparks up again only to the repeat the cycle and cut the hot water.
Also the boiler pressure gauge flickers and goes up moments before the wooshing sound.
Any ideas what it could be.
I've read a string on here mentioning a heat exchanger problem.
One other fact is that the heating seems to work ok but when you put a hot tap on (while heating is on) the hot water issue appears again and then stops the central heating from working(even after turning the hot water tap off).
To then get the central heating back on I have to switch the c/h advance button off and on again.

Any ideas or advice will be fantastic.
I would rather have an idea what may be the cause rather than a plumber rip me off and change parts for no reason.

Many thanks

DanSpeed1

thedoctor

Re: Worcester 24CDI Hot water problem with Banging and Wooshing Sound

by thedoctor » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:03 am

The Worcester support service is very good Dan. Try the troubleshooter or email them https://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/support

DanSpeed1
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Worcester 24CDI Hot water problem with Banging and Wooshing Sound

by DanSpeed1 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:15 pm

Thanks for the reply.

After reading other posts with very simular issues I'm going to replace the Heat Exchanger.
I'll give it a go with doining it myself.

Will update thread when I'm done.

Cheers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1