Worcester 28i RSF PCB and Plate Removal Question
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Kashbg
Labourer
Labourer

Worcester 28i RSF PCB and Plate Removal Question

by Kashbg » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:43 pm

Hi there,
I have Worcester 28i RSF. For a while it has been playing tricks on me. One minute it scalding hot next goes cold and later it settles down.
When family were using the shower I heard the clicking sound of a relay that effectively was switching the boiler on and off. So I decided to pull out the PCB and have a look at the type of relay that needs replacing.

Removed the bottom cover, lowered the front panel to 90 degrees via its hinges. The back of the panel reveals a metal plate that holds fixed to it the PCB. I took the four screws and tried to lift off the plate together with the attached to it PCB.

The problem I have is that I can lift all three corners of the plate and its attached PCB but something is still holding down one side. This is the side where the supply cables come in.

I need your help to figure out what is holding the PCB and plate from lifting out. I tried the procedure several times and was forced to close it back up as I am afraid I might break something if use excessive force.

Any suggestions or guidance would be much appreciated.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Worcester 28i RSF PCB and Plate Removal Question

by htg engineer » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:32 am

It should just lift off once you have removed the 4 screws, the transformer protrudes through the cover this might be stopping the plate from coming off. The transformer is plugged into the PCB, you may need to press down on the transformer with your thumb as you lift the plate off.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1