worcester boiler issue 30 cdi greenstar
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nailah
Apprentice
Apprentice

worcester boiler issue 30 cdi greenstar

Post by nailah » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:11 am

Hi
I have had central heating installed by unfortunatley a cowboy. And the problem we are having is that the boiler is loosing its pressure within a few hours.. I have checked all the radiators for leaks... checked the ceilings for staines etc for leaks etc... Have called worcester out who have changed the pressure relief valve. Any ideas what else it could be please.?
thanks

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:15 pm

How a cowboy ?

Worcester are obvously honouring the warranty - so he must have done a fairly decent job and provided certification.

Does the pressure rise much when the heating is on ?
any water from pressure relief valve ?

htg

nailah
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by nailah » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:10 pm

hi
thanks for ur response. Firstly, the reason cowboy, my fault i got a foreigner done from a council worker who broke his leg half way thru fixing it. And promised to send some one else round and didnt..!!!!! The guy is corgie registred but thru his work...city council. So i had to get some one else in to complete it.
When the heating is on the pressure stays between 1 + 1.5.. as soon as it switches off the pressure drops within a few hours to zero.. then i have to fill it up using the filling loop. No water from the pressure relif valve. Worcester came today too, just to confirm its not the expansion vessell, they did a pressure test etc.. and advised there is a leek on the system some where. I am just waiting for the guy who finished it for me.. just that he is mad busy and i dont really want to call any one else. But if i can have some idea as to what it can be, will put my mind at rest.
thank u.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:11 am

A leak on the radiators or pipework - can't be anything else
If worcester have checked the boiler and all is ok - then there's a leak.

htg

nailah
Apprentice
Apprentice

leak check

Post by nailah » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:54 pm

hi
I have checked all the valves and removed the white caps etc and couldnt find any leak on the radiators.. shld i be looking for anything else on the radiators.? If there are no stains etc on ceiling downs stairs.. In your opinion do u suspect the leak to be downstairs rather than upstairs..? Just my luck... got laminate flooring downstairs. ;o(

thanks for your help.

Naila

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1