worcester Combi Boiler problem
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hornet
Labourer
Labourer

worcester Combi Boiler problem

by hornet » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:03 pm

Hi, hope you can help, i have a worcester bosch 24i junior combi boiler, that failed whilst on holiday, we have had an engineer out to service and check it over, he says it is the water pressure switch that has failed,
he was cheap to service & check it, but wants a small fortune to fix it, i know the part number of the switch i need, and worcester bosch says that once the switch is fitted the boiler will restart normally providing there are no other problems, my question is, is this something i am allowed to do myself ??, i know where the switch is located, and it does not interfere with the gas side of the boiler merely the water pressure side which is easy to drain and refill, i know this curtesy of a burst pipe once!!
thanks for your help, Hornet

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:00 pm

As long as you know what to isolate, what to drain, how to refill and how to make a watertight seal - I can't see why you shouldn't try it - if you mess it up and it leaks onto electrics or PCB - you'll be looking at alot more cash, than getting an engineer from the start.

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1