Worcester Junior 28i Ongoing Issue With Water and Central Heating not Working
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

TheStigP11GT
Labourer
Labourer

Worcester Junior 28i Ongoing Issue With Water and Central Heating not Working

by TheStigP11GT » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:20 pm

Hi, i moved in to my house in 2015, It has the Worcester Bosch Junior 28i fitted (not greenstar).

The boiler has ran flawless since we moved in but recently it developed a fault which i hope someone can help with.

The problem started with running a bath, the water was hot for about 5 mins then went stone cold. Heating also stopped. Checked boiler pressure, was fine, but reset button light was flashing quickly. I tried resetting but no joy. I turned the boiler off at the mains for a few mins, then put back on, the boiler fired up with the heating but kept clicking off and on which the ignition light done, i took off the main cover, the flame did not look clean through the little round window, infact flames were flying past this window.

I called an engineer, he came out, but boiler worked perfectly, typical, then the bad snow hit, same problem, generally after a reset the heating would come on but as soon as you put the hot water on, it flashed that reset light, gradually it got worse, got 3 mins of heating then would cut off.

I done some research and seems it could be down to the pcb board, could be a relay issue, I found a reconditioned one on ebay for cheap enough, i got it and fitted this myself, (i wont touch gas or plumbing but i know my electrical stuff).

Checked all wiring and switched on, put heating on and worked a charm, ran hot water and again no flame out. Turned heating and water off, after 5 mins, put heating on and again same flashing light,

Now there is a difference, after resetting it wont ignite but i do hear the fan spool, the error then appeard, but if i turn off at mains for a few seconds, put it on, all works great while heating is on. Untill it is switched off and put heating back on, but again works when mains power is cut and back on.

As the PCB is reconditioned i am temped to say this is another PCB problem, i do have a years warranty with it, however i dont know whether to get an engineer out for another problem or if it is the PCB try replacement again,

I am happy to consider a brand new PCB but i went the cheaper option as i planned on replacing the boiler next year, i dont want to dpend crazy cash fixing a 12 year old boiler,

Any one with input would be appreciated