worcestor bosch 24i junior HELP PLEASE

Postby bittybunny » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:44 pm

Hi guys bosch 24i junior,model before greenstar,turned on call for heat or hot water fan will not fire up,blow down tube on air pressure switch ,fires up straight away,am i right in thinking that on this model the air pressure switch must be in closed position at rest to start ignition sequence,thanks rob
bittybunny

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:28 pm

Fan running ? operating the air pressure switch makes the boiler come on - this is what the fan should do.

If the fan isn't running is there power to the fan ? if yes - replace fan.

htg
htg engineer

Postby bittybunny » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:21 pm

[quote="htg engineer"]Fan running ? operating the air pressure switch makes the boiler come on - this is what the fan should do.

If the fan isn't running is there power to the fan ? if yes - replace fan.

htg[/quote] hi htg no fan does not run,when boiler turned on there is no power to the fan and eventually goes to fault flashing 4 times a second,if i reset it and blow into aps fan starts straight away,there is no power to the fan when boiler first turned on and when i manually start it by blowing aps there is only 180 volts ac to it has the pcb had it?
bittybunny

Postby htg engineer » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:05 pm

If there's definitely no power to the fan, then yes could be PCB fault.

However there wont be power to the fan as soon as you turn the power on, there'll be a sequence. Is the fan motor warm ?

htg
htg engineer

Postby bittybunny » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:51 am

[quote="htg engineer"]If there's definitely no power to the fan, then yes could be PCB fault.

However there wont be power to the fan as soon as you turn the power on, there'll be a sequence. Is the fan motor warm ?

hi htg engineer sequence starts with pump,fan motor not warm ,no power going to it,just before boiler goes to flashing fault light board relay clicks and fan spins momentarily
bittybunny

Postby eggers » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:27 pm

have you checked the water pressure switch, they do block up and do cut power to either the pcb or fan i can't remember right now
eggers

Sort by
Order by