working practice
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rambo77
Ganger
Ganger

working practice

by rambo77 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:05 pm

i see from a few posts that plasterers reccomend when skimming that you start from the top left hand corner and work your way down to the right bottom corner why is this so important would it really matter if i felt more comfortable starting from the bottom left corner working my up and across is 9 times out of ten this is how i work with good results im a learner plasterer and have not messed up yet but i know i still have very much too learn and im just trying to gain all the knowledge i can

regards

Ross Boseley
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Ross Boseley » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:46 pm

Basically mate it's called the typewriter method because of the way you work. The idea is that you are always taking out your trowel lines. If you start at the bottom then when you get to the top you'll find your leaving trowel lines on the stuff youv'e just put on. Working from top left to bottom right will ensure that you give yourself as little trowel marks to get rid of as possible. It does make sense when you see it in action.

Hope this helps

Ross

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:00 am