What is Extratime Plaster Retarder?
Extratime is a chemical additive for use with finishing plasters. The additive slows the curing process of the plaster by slowing the chemical crystal formation that causes the gypsum plaster to set or harden. Extratime is recommended for moderate lenthening of finishing plaster setting times. Extratime will lengthen the setting time by 30-60 minutes depending on the ambient temperature and relative humidity of the environment.
Extratime has been developed by a plasterer with over 20 years experience in the trade to allow more time to complete larger areas. It is ideal for ceilings and large walls.
“After years of being under pressure when working on large ceilings and walls I thought there must be some way of making the job easier. I set out to develop something that was easy to use, inexpensive and provided a little more time – The result was Extratime” M Shepherd, Founder, Eazymix Ltd.
Extratime can be used with all finishing plasters. It helps make plastering easier especially when working on large areas or in hot weather. It simply takes the pressure off.
Extratime Plaster Retarder User Instructions:
5 simple steps for extending plaster setting times by up to 60 minutes:
- Pour clean fresh water into a mixing bucket
- Open Extratime sachet and whisk thoroughly
- Gradually add plaster and whisk thoroughly
- Continue adding and whisking plaster until smooth, lump free and it reaches the desired consistency
- Apply exactly as normal plaster and enjoy up to 60 minutes extra time before the plaster sets.
Extratime is suitable for use with all finishing plasters. The following products are all suitable:
- British Gypsum Thistle Multi Finish Plaster
- British Gypsum Thistle Finishing Plaster
- Thistle Board Finishing Plaster
- Thistle Multi-Finish Plaster
- Do not add directly to the plaster mix.
- Avoid direct contact with eyes and skin.
- Wear eye protection, protective gloves, long-sleeved clothing and trousers to prevent direct contact.
- If eye contact occurs, immediately flush thoroughly with water for 30 minutes and seek immediate medical advice.
- Wash thoroughly with soap and water after use.
- Do not ingest. If ingested, seek medical advice immediately.
- Once opened use within 48 hours. For best before date see individual sachet.
Reviews of Extratime Plaster Retarder
Andy, Professional Plasterer, Burnley
“Amazing product, just what I needed on a job that would normally have required 2 men. Did an 18sqm wall single handedly without any drying issues. Easy to use and great results. “
Matt, DIYer , Harrogate
“I used Extratime to help with plastering a small wall – it worked great allowing me to take my time with the finishing.”