You still have just over a week to enter the new National Home Improvement Awards 2012 and you could win £1000!
You might be the home owner or the tradesman, but if you think your home improvement project is worth shouting about, you can enter. For more information and to download an entry form just go to www.nationalhomeimprovementawards.co.uk . Once you have filled in your form, just send it with photos of your project to :
National Home Improvement Awards
The closing date is the 30th June and a shortlist will be announced on the 13th July when the public will be able to vote for their favourite. The overall winner will be announced at the National Home Improvement Awards on the 28th September.
The awards are sponsored by The National Home Improvement Show, National Home Improvement Council, Trustmark and Real Home Magazine.
The criteria for judging will be based on the following:
• Preliminary research and dialogue with contractor, including plans/designs, 3 quotes
• Project management, including building regs, planning requirements, site meetings Contractual and financial management, including use of contract, payment terms, variations during job, relevant certificates etc
• Quality of work including health and safety, energy efficiency
• Impact of improvement -on quality of life, reduced running costs, maintenance, health of occupants
• Problem solving during project
• Design Quality (aesthetics, practicality, suitability for owner’s needs and brief)
• Build Quality (attention to detail, energy efficiency, site practice, cost)
• Value for Money (added value, relative value for money)