All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Paul2463
Tradesman
Tradesman

10 mm Plastic Pipework

Post by Paul2463 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:08 pm

Hello Everyone

You may be able to help me out of a "lack of knowledge in this area" problem. Give me 15mm copper and I can deal with that - give me 10 mm plastic and my head goes wibble.

I have just moved into a new house where all the pipework, hot, cold and central heating is all 10mm white plastic.

My wife has decided that the sink in the bathroom is too low and wishes it raised, physically disconecting the pipe and raising the sink I can do, stretching the original pipe to fit I am at a bit of a loss. I have used flexible hoses with isolation valves before on 15 mm copper, do these beasts live in the 10mm plastic world??

thanks in advance :roll:

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:42 pm

Whole house 10mm Speedfit???? WOW!

I hate 10mm plastic if nothing else because the inserts reduce the bore to practically nothing. I can see problems for you in the future!

To answer your question, there are plenty of adaptors available to convert 10mm to 15mm flexible tap tails. A trip to your local plumber's merchant will provide the answer.

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by chris_on_tour2002 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:54 pm

very, very sad fact with all new-builds... built in the cheapest, quickest, most expedient way possible with little or no consideration to the people that will call it home but all consideration on profits for the greedy developer. hence the 10mm plastic pipwork.

Paul2463
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by Paul2463 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:30 am

I have British Gas Homecare for my Central Heating, when he came to do the initial inspection of the system prior to takin git on risk (as I said - New House). He said he didnt have to ask where we lived as he had been here on many occasions because of central heating pipes "gumming up" and only took the boiler and controls on risk as they will be out all the time cleaning out the radiator pipes. That didnt fill me with humour

Oh well I will just have to live with it, I cant afford to have the whole house re-plumbed

I have found out from John Guest Ltd, that they dont do a tap tail with a service valve for the 10mm speedfit system, they do a normal tap tail and also a 10mm speedfit service valve seperatley - I can see lots of pain and frustration with the plumbing in my brand new home...... :evil:

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:05 pm

If you want to do exactly as you ask, use a PEM201510W reducer connected to a FLX37P flexible tap connector with service valve and join the two with a short length of plastic or copper pipe.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:38 pm