10mm to 15mm pipework for heating
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gozohead
Labourer
Labourer

10mm to 15mm pipework for heating

by gozohead » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:07 am

Good morning,
i have been asked if i could move my sister-in-laws kitchen radiator across the room. At the moment it is being fed by a 10mm pipework but from that radiator it then goes out in 15mm to another rad in the conservatory. i have never used micro bore pipe and had thought about coming of the 15mm pipework running conservatory under the floor in 15mm.
These are the last rads on the run so am hoping that there should not be any disruption to flow. my question is, am i right? can i connect to the 15mm pipe with 15mm and not have to change the pipework to 10mm for the kitchen rad and the one that was installed (not by me) in the conservatory?

i would appreciate any advice as i am looking to do this tonight or friday!

thanks

Darron

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:32 pm

Yes that's ok, you may find (depending on size of system/pipe runs) that the one in 15mm will steal the heat if the valves are left fully open - as there's less resistance in the 15mm (easiest route for the water to flow) but balancing will solve this.

htg

gozohead
Labourer
Labourer

by gozohead » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:17 am

many thanks for your advice. the house is a two bed end of terrace so not too big.

really appreciate your reply!

Darron

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1