DIY Doctor

Main navigation

16mm2 conductor terminals

Postby bleicker » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:08 pm

Hi guys, I'm trying to find a good quality terminal to connect 16mm2 conductors. The ones I have found are those white plastic terminal blocks that just by looking at it may spark and catch fire. I'm used to wago connectors which are a wonder but I can't find anything above 6mm2. What do you guys use/recommend?

I'm getting a SWA cable across the garden, but inside the house I'm using T&E 16mm2, so hence the reason to connect the 2 together :)
bleicker
Progress to next rank:
78.9%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:03 pm

I have 10 - 120 mm crimp pliers so I would use uninsulated crimps in a epoxy filled joint box.

Up to 10 mm you can use a cooker connection unit, but many will not take 16 mm, I think the MK Logic takes 16 mm, you need to check.
ericmark

Postby bleicker » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:15 pm

I've decided to crimp them and use some heavy duty shrink wrap around it. The epoxy filled joint seems a bit overkill as I just want to terminate the SWA at the brickwork and then connect to a T&E 16mm cable indoors.
bleicker
Progress to next rank:
78.9%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!