20 year old Plastered walls and is Sealer Plus Zinsser B-I-N White Matt Primer Sealer 2.5L Ok?
DIY hints, tips and solutions to the removal and repair of marked and stained areas

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
rrom_ldn
Labourer
Labourer

20 year old Plastered walls and is Sealer Plus Zinsser B-I-N White Matt Primer Sealer 2.5L Ok?

Post by rrom_ldn » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:07 pm

I've removed one layer of wallpaper and have plastered walls. It's not newly plastered - building is 20 years old. Some idiot (in white paint) painted large fishes on two of the walls that I need to block out before I paint the walls with another white emulsion.

Can I apply the DULUX READY MIXED PLASTER SEALANT first, to seal the plaster, then then also apply ZINSSER B-I-N WHITE MATT PRIMER SEALER 2.5L afterwards - once the dulux sealer has dried? Is this necessary? Or can I just go straight and apply one coat ZINSSER B-I-N WHITE MATT PRIMER SEALER 2.5L to block out the graffiti - not bothering with the Dulux Sealer.

**Dulux sealer description: Ideal for priming bare plaster surfaces, plasterboard and powdery surfaces. It penetrates the surface, sealing it ready for painting.

**BIN description:
B-I-N® is the ultimate shellac-based primer, sealer and stain killer. It is perfect for use on interior surfaces and spot priming of exterior surfaces.
B-I-N® offers unparalleled adhesion to glossy surfaces - including glass - without the need for scuff sanding and blocks stubborn and persistent stains. The high adhesion shellac formula seals porous surfaces with excellent enamel holdout, even sealing bleeding knots and sap streaks.
B-I-N® works brilliantly on water stains, fungal degradation, nicotine, oil stains, marker pens stains and more.
B-I-N® permanently blocks every kind of odour (from smoke and fire damage to odours from pets and nicotine). Its dried film is non-toxic and hypo-allergenic, it may be used in areas where incidental contact with food items occur.
Perfect for interior ceilings, walls, doors and related paintable surfaces and spot priming on exterior metal, trims, PVC and wood.

Thank you!

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:11 am