3 inputs into 2 SCART sockets
Find answers to popular questions or post your own regarding any aspect of home entertainment

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ruud1boy
Apprentice
Apprentice

3 inputs into 2 SCART sockets

by ruud1boy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:47 pm

Hope someone can help me with this, it should be really simple, but it's got me beat.

I currently have 3 devices feeding into my telly, a Pioneer DVD/HDD recorder/player, a cable TV decoder box & the new addition, a surround sound system. However, there's only 2 SCART sockets on the back of the telly, so I've having trouble getting them all hooked up together & working in unison. I've currently got a "2 into 1" scart lead, but at present, the surround sound only works with the cable channels, nothing else.

Can anyone offer any advice on the best / correct way to connect this lot up together?

ericmark

by ericmark » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:39 pm

First is have you got an RCA input normally three phono sockets which are often at side or front of TV. An adapter RCA to SCART would make the extra input. The Mercury ILS102 Universal RF Modulator will turn SCART signals into RF thats another way. Most Decoders boxes have a RF option as an output. Also most decoders and DVD's have SCART through ports. It takes some trial and error to find the best but I have Sky, DVD recorder, DVD Player/Radio, VCR, Computer, Dream Cast games machine, Remote Head Phones, all plugged in together and I have not used the HDMI inputs the only slight problem is I need to run DVD recorder to view VCR and I only have 2 SCART sockets. If I wanted I could add more I view Sky with SCART I could use RF. There are also SCART switched boxes the options are endless.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:07 pm