3 Phase Fused Distribution Box in and 63A RCD in Garage
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Magnet
Labourer
Labourer

3 Phase Fused Distribution Box in and 63A RCD in Garage

Post by Magnet » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:29 pm

Hi

I have a 3 phase fused Distribution Box in my Garage , I want to run a 63A RCD Garage unit CU from it ,the fuses that are in are 20A double fuse holders , the feed to these is a 10mm2 4 core swa ,the earth is via the armour .
The problem is that there is not enough room in the bottom feed in to the 20A fuse holder to take the 10mm2 that is in , and another 10mm2 I need to take the feed from .
Anyone have a idea how it can be done , I was thinking of using a Henley block in some way , I could of course change the whole DB box , but at this moment I need a easier way if not temp way at the moment ,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: 3 Phase Fused Distribution Box in and 63A RCD in Garage

Post by kbrownie » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:17 pm

Who is undertaking this work, who is inspecting/testings it, who is signing of, who is applying to the council for notification of work????

Magnet
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Magnet » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:45 am

kbrownie wrote:Who is undertaking this work, who is inspecting/testings it, who is signing of, who is applying to the council for notification of work????

1st answer : A qualified C&G Electrcian , 2nd A qualified C&G Electrcian 3rd A qualified C&G Electrcian , 4th A qualified C&G Electrcian .

PS: it does not come under part "P"

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by kbrownie » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:56 am

If the garage electrical installation is part or connected a domestic dwelling it come under part p, as all domestic electrical work does!
If the garage is not part/connected to a domestic dwelling I assume it can only be a commercial/industrial project.

With respect to the electrician that you are employing to undertake the work, they really are the best person to ask/answer you questions, as they will see the installation in full.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:42 pm