3 questions regarding Ideal Instinct boiler and central heating
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

151asevern@gmail.com
Labourer
Labourer

3 questions regarding Ideal Instinct boiler and central heating

by 151asevern@gmail.com » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:33 pm

Hi,

I have ideal instinct boiler and central heating in a house. I have 3 simple questions regarding the boiler, central heating. Because of the certain circumstances I never need hot water in the property, and I only need to heat the property during the winter months.
Boiler operates in 3 modes; ''off'', ''summer mode'' (in this mode it only heats domestic water) and ''winter mode'' (in this mode it heats domestic water and provides central heating).
The questions are:

1. Is it necessary to have electricity supply to the boiler on all year round? In the manual it says it needs to be on all the time: ''The boiler mains power supply must be left on to enable frost protection''. Can actually anything happen to the bouler if mains power supply is off for a good half a year or even longer (for example during spring, summer, autumn)?

2. Can anything bad happen to the boiler if I never run hot water even if it heats it? Cause in ''winter mode'' (the only mode that I use) it does heat domestic water and provides central heating at a same time even if I don't need hot water.

3. Can anything bad happen to certain radiators (in a long run) if they are turned off all the time? I only need some of the radiators on.