3 way touch lamp switch replacement
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nathaliebrouillette
Labourer
Labourer

3 way touch lamp switch replacement

by nathaliebrouillette » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:35 pm

Hi
One of our touch bedside lamps on/off/dimmer switch gave up the ghost this week. I have removed the switch and the lamp still works as a standard light but I wanted to replace the switch so it is touch activated again... The switch is a HOPESTAR LD-600 240V TOUCH DIMMER. I have found the exact same one online for £19.99 a lot more than I expected... I have also found a HOPESTAR LD-600S for about a third of the cost... (There are some similar ones available for next to nothing but wouldn't feel safe in using them...)
What is the difference between the LD-600 and the LD-600S. Could I use either?
Thank you
Nathalie

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: 3 way touch lamp switch replacement

by Mr White » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:03 pm

Hi, to determine the differance between one switch and a similar switch you would need to look at the data/specification sheet for both switches, failing that, you could ask the supplier of the dimmer switches. This is a public forum, not a suppliers forum, I wish you luck.

nathaliebrouillette
Labourer
Labourer

by nathaliebrouillette » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:14 pm

The question wasn't about the supplier but about the difference between LD600 and LD600S. I found the information on websites confusing and, assuming this forum was a place where the public could find advice from professionals, I was hoping an electrician here could explain what that S means. Did I get the purpose of this forum wrong?

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

by Mr White » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:34 pm

nathaliebrouillette wrote:The question wasn't about the supplier but about the difference between LD600 and LD600S........................ I was hoping an electrician here could explain what that S means.

I understand what the question is, but how is an electrician/anyone supposed to know what a manufacturer has designated a specific letter to mean? (S in this case.) Hence my suggestion of "ask the supplier"

nathaliebrouillette wrote:Did I get the purpose of this forum wrong?

This is a public forum, so anyone can post a question and anyone can reply to a question, your question is too product specific, if you wanted to know how to add a switch, socket or even what is an RCBO we can help as they are "generic" but a specific product needs a specific answer, not a generic answer.

nathaliebrouillette
Labourer
Labourer

by nathaliebrouillette » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:29 pm

Ah! Now I'm with you Mr White. Hadn't realised LD600 was specific to that manufacturer, thought it was used for that type of switch whichever manufacturer. Thank you for explaining.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:26 am