3 Way valve
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
deefa
Labourer
Labourer

3 Way valve

by deefa » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:43 pm

I have just fitted a new C H pump but am getting hot radiators even when the heating is off and only hot water on. Can someone please explain fully and in lay mans terms how the motorised valve works. I have a 3 position slide on one side of the valve marked H. W. & M which I assume is water , heating and manual. Do I have to adjust this or is it automatic.there is also a slide lever on the front of the valve which I can move and change the position of the afore mentioned slide. Anyones help woul be appreciated.

The Flying
Labourer
Labourer

by The Flying » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:49 pm

A motorised valve works in three ways, heating only, hot water only and heating and hot water together or it is closed, when your programer asks for hot water it activates the pump and the boiler and the valve opens, if it then wantsyour heating on it moves to the mid position and gives you both. the M means mid- position or htg and hw. I think it could be your S- Plan, which is your electrics.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1