5 Year old Central Heating System and Found a Major Fault, how do I Rectify?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

Petecarman
Labourer
Labourer

5 Year old Central Heating System and Found a Major Fault, how do I Rectify?

by Petecarman » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:42 am

Had a new ch system and boiler put in about 5 years ago. The radiator furthest from the boiler never has really got more than luke warm.. i have a chalet bungalow. The boiler is a baxi 105he which is upstairs. It service 2 radiators upstairs and 5 downstairs. All the radiators get extremely hit apart from this one radiator. Last year this one radiator was taken off the wall and cleaned out. It was very ckean to be honest. I also flushed the system and got rid of a massive air block. The radiator sort of still only got luke warm. This year i decided to to have a serious go at fixing the problem. After flushing again and turning all the tvr's off apart from the bathroom i still could not get any heat into the radiator. I can crawl under the bungalow so under i go. I found the radiator pipes for the one before the non working one.
Hot water pipe to the left side
Cold to RIGHT TVR
followed the pipes to the dud
hot to the RIGHT side tvr
Cold to the left side.
This is not correct!!
Now the pipes are plastic pushfit . Can i swap the 2 relevant T junctions over. Also if i isolate the ch out and return valves will i loose a lot of water? Is it worth doing myself or get a professional in???