DIY Doctor

65mm (plastic) to 80mm (cast iron) downpipe converter

Postby Gofer123 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:10 am


The cast iron downpipe is cemented into the clay rainwater gulley at ground level, so I am not keen to cut/dig it out as the gulley will crack (probably). I am going to use an angle grinder to cut the cast iron downpipe about 100mm above ground level. I then need to connect a 65mm (Floplast) downpipe to the end of the 80mm (cast iron) downpipe.

Is there a Fernco or Flexseal connector for this (i.e. rubber with jubilee clicks at each end)? I have searched and can't seem to find one that I think will work.

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:58 am

Postby stoneyboy » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:22 pm

Hi gofer123
Cascade stock a 3” Eazy connector which should suit.
Regards S
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 4524
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics