A5 Planning and Flat Planning questions
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ibby
Labourer
Labourer

A5 Planning and Flat Planning questions

by ibby » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Hi Guys,

Basically, I have seen a property up forsale near where I live.
The property already has A5 Planning which has not been implemented yet. I would liapply for additional planning for the room upstairs and have it converted to a 2 bed room flat with a seperate entrance.

I understand that the noise emitted from the takeaway could cause issues getting planning.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?
How to make my plan be more desiriable to the council

Property is located on a main road out side of the city centre.

Any ideas?

thanks

gc9
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: A5 Planning and Flat Planning questions

by gc9 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:32 pm

In my experience, planning officers tend to be very helpful if you approach them with the genuine intent to prepare a good plan. Why don't you get in touch with your planning officer and discuss it with him/her. They should give you a good starting point.

peter simmons
Labourer
Labourer

Re: A5 Planning and Flat Planning questions

by peter simmons » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:40 pm

The only noise in question would be from the extractor fan (which should not exceed 52.5db) depending on where you are venting to I.e 1m above eaves or straight out to the rear with the ductwork (stainless steel 300mm min dia)
The other issue is the operating schedule I.e opening / closing times the planning dept may restrict it to 11pm. I know this because I've just done a dixy fried chicken place (dixy's) on Deansgate central Manchester.
Manchester are a very tough council to get approval with kwik planning permission did all the paperwork, you might wana try them.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1