Adding 2 new lights
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Kalibra
Labourer
Labourer

Adding 2 new lights

by Kalibra » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:02 pm

Hope someone can help me.
I have just finished decorating the hall, and the wife deciders she would like some new wall lights, as always why did she not ask before I decorated, thinking about that it would have been to easy! :)

at the moment I have. 1 x Ceiling light at top of stairs, which uses two way switching and has a one gang switch at each end.

What I now have to do is to add 2 new wall lights on the stairs, keeping the existing ceiling light, and the two way switching, and all 3 working together.

What I need to know is:
1. Do I need to replace existing 2x1 gang switches if so, what with?
2. How I Connect the 3 lights together I am thinking this would be with a joint box above the ceiling, is that right.?

Any guidance anyone can give me will be much help.

Regards
Clive :lol: :lol:

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:06 am

From what I read I would think the switches would stay are they are. The problem is of course a ceiling rose does not have much space in it and to add two extra wires may well need more room than you have and you may consider a junction box or of course select a bigger ceiling rose.

For a light to work it must have wires feeding it of course. We can get wireless switches but not wireless lamps.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 am