DIY Doctor

Main navigation

adding a new piece of timber to hardwood an existing frame

Postby kieranb » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:14 am

I have a hardwood -stained- conservatory- with bifold doors and I need to add another piece of timber (with drip return) above the doors to stop water running down the facia and onto the door track below. (I think this is a design fault but the installation company are no longer around)

What should I fix the new piece with?

1. Tacks - should I use stainless?
2. Screws? or
3. Glue, what type?

or combinations of the above?

Many thanks

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:03 am


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics