DIY Doctor

Main navigation


Postby sulahaka » Mon May 12, 2008 10:57 am

I want to add a spur to an existing socket to accomodate my wall mounted tv. I will be chasing the cables into the wall. What type of cabling would be most suitable
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 10:35 am


Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Mon May 12, 2008 1:45 pm

2.5mm² flexishield would most likely be best but most people would use 2.5mm² twin and earth. What ever you are using the socket must still come from a ring main not a spur, and if using twin and earth it must follow designated routes. You should issue a minor works cert once completed having completed all the tests laid out in that doc etc.

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics