All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Doneroaming
Apprentice
Apprentice

Adding Antifreeze to a Static caravan Central Heating

Post by Doneroaming » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:18 pm

My boiler is a combi boiler and I drained the central heating by mistake
and wonder how I can add new antifreeze to it.
I have one radiator in the bedroom, toilet/shower,small bedroom,Lounge.
Someone said it needs Sentinel Antifreeze but how much and are there other Antifreeze's one can use.
Any Advice will be welcome :oops:

missionary
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by missionary » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:50 pm

This may or may not help !

I have fitted a c/h system in my canal narrowboat which works on a thermo syphon principle (no pump). It runs from a Kabola oil fired boiler.

It has 28mm pipe all round and one radiator about 25ft from the boiler 'uphill' with a vent at the top end of the rad to an expansion tank feeding the bottom of the same rad.

This is protected by 25% ehtylene glycol car antifreeze. It has run faultlessly since November 1998. All my friends who have similar systems use this to antifreeze their boat systems 12 months a year. HTH

mish

Newbee
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by Newbee » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:18 pm

Hi there, I've a static which I'm in the process of plumbing in (no central heating) but the tip with antifreeze I have with static's is to put some in your toilet pan over winter instead of trying to empty it, our site is closed for 5 months over winter.

Doneroaming
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Doneroaming » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:23 am

[quote="missionary"]This may or may not help !

I have fitted a c/h system in my canal narrowboat which works on a thermo syphon principle (no pump). It runs from a Kabola oil fired boiler.

It has 28mm pipe all round and one radiator about 25ft from the boiler 'uphill' with a vent at the top end of the rad to an expansion tank feeding the bottom of the same rad.

This is protected by 25% ehtylene glycol car antifreeze. It has run faultlessly since November 1998. All my friends who have similar systems use this to antifreeze their boat systems 12 months a year. HTH

mish[/quote]

Thank You for your Reply :D

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:02 pm