Adding Inhibitor to F/E Tank
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nav122
Apprentice
Apprentice

Adding Inhibitor to F/E Tank

Post by nav122 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:38 am

Having successfully cleaned, drained and refilled my system I managed to get the system working

I just need to add the Inhibitor now. I did not add it has I refilled due to our system being more prone to airlocks and needed draining to get some of the rads downstairs to work - I don't want to mess with it now.

I thought maybe the best way to add it now was to tie up the ball valve in the F/E tank and take out some water, but make sure it doesn't fall below the feed pipe level, add inhibitor, and then fill by releasing the ball valve, this way there is less chance of inhibitor just sitting at the bottom of the tank, and no chance of airlocks.

Does this make sense?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Best way is using a dosing bottle this will ensure you get 100% into the circulating part of the system, you add the inhibitor by screwing the bottle connection into a radiator vent.

Adding via the F&E tank is what alot of people do, but you will not get 100% in the system you will get some sitting in the bottom of the tank.

htg

screech
Ganger
Ganger

Post by screech » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:08 pm

adding in to the tank doesn't get it all in the system, if you add to the tank in a years time you'll probably get a jelly type junk floating on the top of the water.

the method mentioned previoulsy works best if that rad is shut off and drained, this way it won't leak all over the floor for an inexperienced person.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1