Adding Trellis to existing fence
Topics ranging from metal fencing, wooden fencing and concrete fencing to name just a few. find answers and post your questions here

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jon-v8
Labourer
Labourer

Adding Trellis to existing fence

by jon-v8 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:05 pm

Hello all!

I will be adding some trellis along the top of our garden fence, but would like to know the best way of dealing with the posts, as they don't rise above the fence panels.

Basically, we have one 5ft fence panel (attached to the house), the rest are 3ft down the side of the garden.
I will use some brackets to attach the trellis to the 5ft panel, but what would be the best way of attaching the trellis panels to each other for the rest of the fence?

Would I need to extend the posts somehow to bring them up to the required height? If so, what would be the best way of doing this?

Many thanks!

misterGEE
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Adding Trellis to existing fence

by misterGEE » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:25 pm

[quote="jon-v8"]Hello all!

I will be adding some trellis along the top of our garden fence, but would like to know the best way of dealing with the posts, as they don't rise above the fence panels.

Basically, we have one 5ft fence panel (attached to the house), the rest are 3ft down the side of the garden.
I will use some brackets to attach the trellis to the 5ft panel, but what would be the best way of attaching the trellis panels to each other for the rest of the fence?

Would I need to extend the posts somehow to bring them up to the required height? If so, what would be the best way of doing this?

Many thanks![/quote]

Go to toolstation.com and get some fence POST EXTENDERS

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:57 pm