Adhesive required to re-attach metal bracket to glass door o
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
homevine
Labourer
Labourer

Adhesive required to re-attach metal bracket to glass door o

by homevine » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:46 pm

:?: Due to an accident involving my grandson, a metal bracket has become detached from the outer glass panel on the main oven door of our Parkinson Cowan Town & Country Double Oven gas cooker.
Could anyone possibly recommend an adhesive which would be suitable for re-attaching that metal bracket ?
It must of course be able to withstand the heat generated in the oven; however there is an inner glass panel that provides some protection.
The bracket still has the original bonding agent attached to it. Should I remove that or would it be better to leave that in place ? [color=brown][/color]

ericmark

by ericmark » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:22 am

Adrite will do the job but when it gets hot first time it will go very runny and you would need to heat door and find a way to hold handle on that first heat up.

homevine
Labourer
Labourer

by homevine » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:03 am

Thanks for that reply.

Just to say I have actually used EVO-STIK Serious Glue and, so far, that seems to have been successful.

seige
Apprentice
Apprentice

by seige » Sat May 10, 2008 11:25 pm

Hard as Nails glue is pretty darn rugged for this sort of thing...

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:18 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:26 pm