advice about rcd
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bazza
Ganger
Ganger

advice about rcd

by bazza » Sat May 26, 2007 2:52 pm

hi i hav decided to change my wylex fuses with the replacement plug in mcb and i waz wondering is it worth fitting a rcd i have been told that the rcd can be fitted as a seperate unit if that is correct which would be the best way of fitting it and are there any restrictions on where about on the curcuit they hav to be THANX bazza

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Sat May 26, 2007 6:30 pm

Hi Bazza
two ways, of doing it,either fit in tails between meter & wylex board, or fit in outgoing circuits to sockets. Both have merit/probs.
First way puts lights on RCD which can cause unwanted tripping if lamps blow, also if trips at night due to fault on any circuit it takes out lights as well, hazardous if 1/2 way up stairs etc.
second way means having one RCB per circuit you want to protect, expensive!
either change board for split-load board, or decide on other choices
regards SPARX
P.S. don't forget it's part p work whichever way u go!

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

by bazza » Sun May 27, 2007 3:35 pm

thanx 4 reply sparx gonna take your advise and hav a split-load board n i think ill get the experts in on this one CHEERS bazza

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

advise about rcd

by bazza » Sun May 27, 2007 5:56 pm

hi sparx thanxs 4 reply gonna take your advise n go with the split-load board but i think i will get the experts in 4 this one CHEERS mate bazza

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:05 am