Advice Needed Connecting up Antero Ceiling LED light
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cvt
Labourer
Labourer

Advice Needed Connecting up Antero Ceiling LED light

Post by cvt » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:02 pm

Some advise please.
Having purchased this light and viewing the diagram attached, is it correct that the junction box (from the light) then suggests swopping the cables over and connecting L to N and vice versa ?

I was thinking that it just follows live to live and then into Live connection in ceiling and the same for neutral to neutral and into ceiling rose N connection??

IMG_7248.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Advice Needed Connecting up Antero Ceiling LED light

Post by ericmark » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:41 am

I would consider it as a printing error and connect line to line and neutral to neutral technically both line and neutral are live and with a class II (no earth) equipment it will not matter, many countries you can fit plug in the wall either way around but here in the UK we don't allow reversible plugs and we tend to keep line and neutral separate and only switch the line. But with a standard ceiling rose it is common for both line and neutral to be black or blue as standard twin and earth is used to wire the switch, in theroy the black or blue should be over sleeved with red or brown but often this is omitted. So even if you did swap line and neutral with lights it would not really be a problem.

cvt
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Advice Needed Connecting up Antero Ceiling LED light

Post by cvt » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:27 pm

Thank you very much.
I copied the light fitting I removed and just kept it all the same L to L and N to N which made sense to me - again thank you.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:44 pm