Advice Needed on Bathroom Project Including Removing Bath and Replacing With Shower
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

Steve10123
Labourer
Labourer

Advice Needed on Bathroom Project Including Removing Bath and Replacing With Shower

by Steve10123 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:43 pm

Hi. I'm a keen DIYer and my next project is the bathroom. I plan on removing the bath and adding a shower (probably 1000 or 1200 tray), and moving the toilet. I'd love some advice/thoughts on my project.

I've attached a photo of how it is now.

1. Shower waste. I have two options, build a raised area for a low profile shower tray to sit on, then run the waste into the original bath waste which is run above floor level as shown in picture. HOWEVER, I'd love to get rid of the boxing and as the joists run from right to left, 'shouldn't' be too much trouble. However.. I am guessing the bath waste runs into the toilet waste pipe on the left (also above floor level) which then goes through that back wall into the en-suite where it picks up the waste from another toilet and sink and then into the main stack.

The problem I foresee is that if I move the bath waste under floor, the soil pipe will still be above which means the bath waste won't flow into it as it will be lower. Are there any workarounds or methods of solving this?

2. Move toilet. From that picture I plan on ripping it all out, putting the toilet at the back left, pretty much under the window, bring the sink to where the toilet is now, and put the radiator on the back wall where the sink is now (but slightly more to the right)

Is the toilet move simple enough to do with regards to the soil pipe? I'm guessing I would cut the pipe further towards the back, and put in a toilet fitting there instead. Then run new waste pipe from the sinks new position and into the soil pipe. Does that sound right?

Look forward to your replies.

Photo is here https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/11/13/IMG_3803.jpg

It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:09 am