Advice Needed on Lighting a Very Dark Hallway
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
CarterNew
Labourer
Labourer

Advice Needed on Lighting a Very Dark Hallway

by CarterNew » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:10 pm

I would love some advice on what I could do to brighten my very dark hallway. Our property was a Victorian house which has now been converted into flats. We are lucky in the sense that our flat has 2 levels (the master bedroom is upstairs, which was once the attic). However, due to the layout of the hallway and stairs, there is absolutely no natural light there which makes for a rather depressing entrance when you walk through the front door. Has anyone got any ideas for lights that I could install and that would act as natural light? I did purchase a small light which I stuck above the front door which turns on automatically but it is not powerful enough. I would like the lights to turn on automatically. My husband did mention getting a skylight installed but I fear our budget may not be up to this!
Many thanks in advance!

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Advice Needed on Lighting a Very Dark Hallway

by welsh brickie » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:54 pm

you can buy LED strip lights on a roll, that will be concealed behind beams or furniture, and quite inexpensive

CarterNew
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Advice Needed on Lighting a Very Dark Hallway

by CarterNew » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:44 pm

Ah great thanks for the help. Would i just search for 'led strip lighting'? Do they need plugging into anything?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:58 am